Children’s HopeChest is headquartered in beautiful Palmer Lake, outside of Colorado Springs, Colorado. Our physical space is a reflection of our culture: open, bright, and designed to support the work of our teams in the U.S. and across the globe.
You may apply for an open position:
- By emailing a resume and cover letter to HR@hopechest.org
- By mailing a resume and cover letter to:
PO Box 1190
Palmer Lake, CO 80133
- By submitting your resume and cover letter through our online system.
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.
Sponsor Mail Volunteer
REPORTS TO: Sponsorship Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: HEADQUARTERS: PALMER LAKE, CO
Are you interested in reading about children’s lives from all over the world? You can support Children’s HopeChest by volunteering to read through mail to, and from, our sponsors! Your time as a volunteer plays an integral part in encouraging healthy relationships between sponsors and sponsored children, and helps our organization to get mail to sponsors/sponsored children as quickly as possible.
As a Sponsor Mail Volunteer, you will be reading mail to ensure there is no problematic content. For this position you will also be stuffing and labeling envelopes and operating a postage meter.
- Needs to be able to understand and follow directions easily
- Needs to be an independent worker
- Flexible schedule
- Any weekday except Thursdays
- Minimum of two hours a week (unless you have so much fun that you want to stay longer)
- Coffee (good local coffee!) and tea during your shift
- Bring a friend!
- Bring your headphones!
- Gain experience working in an international nonprofit environmentIf you are interested in making a difference through helping us strengthen and encourage healthy relationships, please contact Meegan Dobson, Sponsorship Administrative Assistant, at email@example.com.
Donor Engagement Intern
STATUS: INTERNSHIP – PREFERRED TWO DAYS A WEEK
REPORTS TO: DONOR ENGAGEMENT DIRECTOR
LOCATION: INTERNATIONAL HEADQUARTERS OFFICE | PALMER LAKE, CO
Intern to assist with donor engagement at Children’s HopeChest, a Christian nonprofit that releases the potential of vulnerable children and their communities around the globe through Community-to-Community partnership. The successful candidate will have interest in international development, orphan care, excellent research and writing skills, will be detail-oriented and organized, and will be highly relational with strong communication skills.
The ideal candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, must be highly organized, be able to manage multiple projects at one time, complete tasks in a timely manner, and must be very service-oriented. A minimum commitment of two days a week is preferred. This is an unpaid position. Internships are eligible for college credit.
- Work with Donor Relations team to create a donor appreciation plan
- Correspond with HopeChest sponsors, donors and potential donors via e-mail, telephone and mail to support fundraising initiatives and further HopeChest’s mission and vision
- Manage welcome packets for new, first time donors
- Write thank you notes and acknowledgment letters
- Research grant and foundation opportunities
- Research prospective institutional and individual funding sources
- Assist with monthly donation tracking, data analysis, and monthly donor prospect research
- Assist in donor prospect research using WealthEngine.
- Research and lapsed donors
- Update account information in the donor database
- Support Donor Director and VP of Marketing
- Research opportunities for local events or a young professionals program
- Must be a committed Christian with a deep commitment to the mission of Children’s HopeChest
- Self-motivated, proactive problem solver, with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external clients
Online Application Form