Children’s HopeChest is headquartered in beautiful Palmer Lake, outside of Colorado Springs, Colorado. Our physical space is a reflection of our culture: open, bright, and designed to support the work of our teams in the U.S. and across the globe.
You may apply for an open position:
- By emailing a resume and cover letter to HR@hopechest.org
- By mailing a resume and cover letter to:
PO Box 1190
Palmer Lake, CO 80133
- By submitting your resume and cover letter through our online system.
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.
Information Technology Director
REPORTS TO: VP OF FINANCE
LOCATION: HEADQUARTERS: PALMER LAKE, CO
SUPERVISES: TWO POSITIONS
The Information Technology Director is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the IT Department of Children’s HopeChest, including implementing and maintaining policies and general and financial goals that support the organization’s IT needs. Major areas supervised include data integrity, systems access and security, and selection and maintenance of applications, programs, and hardware. The IT Director ensures proper functioning of all software platforms Children’s HopeChest may employ for operational effectiveness. Additionally, the IT Director will be responsible for upgrading and customization of systems to fit Children’s HopeChest strategic and tactical initiatives.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the Information Technology function and in-house IT staff, as well as critical services and consulting provided by third parties. Negotiates contacts and evaluates work completed.
- Requests submission of proposals for provision of software and hardware solutions addressing Children’s HopeChest needs.
- Oversees and contributes to development of SalesForce systems and connectivity to Children’s HopeChest web pages, online communities, and sponsorship linkages.
- Oversees and contributes to background structure, integrity, and security of HopeChest websites.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
SYSTEMS ANALYSIS | INFORMATION SYSTEMS | BUSINESS ANALYSIS
- Map new enterprise-wide processes.
- Vet and recommend new applications and software solutions.
- Customize systems to meet process needs.
- Assist in data import/export process for SalesForce as needed.
- Archive Salesforce content and manage storage needs.
- Administer access and security for users to systems and platforms.
- Create streamlined processes and controls using system integration tools.
- Liaise with web developer on new projects, updates, fixes and enhancements.
- Liaise with SalesForce implementation team (ACF) to fix bugs, create new processes to solve problems and to learn new skills as needed.
- Create web forms in WordPress and Luminate Online.
- Train staff on systems usage (LCRM, LO, Classy).
- Update website content and newsletters.
- Oversee creation and implementation of email campaigns.
- Set up new Classy campaigns including mapping information to the SalesForce database.
- Create source code tracking, Google goals, conversion pathways for lead generation and segmentation for campaigns and newsletters.
- Streamline manual processes related to child sponsorship and recurring giving.
- Assist Finance team with systems improvements.
- Create, develop, implement and maintain new procedures and features to enhance process and workflow throughout Children’s HopeChest.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year institution in information technology or a related field.
- Three to five years of Information Technology experience.
- Strong knowledge of current concepts, practices, and procedures as well as systems, platforms, and network technologies.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the following systems and platforms is preferred: Salesforce, Classy, Intacct, Blackbaud, ForGood, Dropbox, WordPress, BombBomb, Github, Luminate, and HTML and CSS languages.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions. • Excellent communication skills.
- Mature Christian faith exhibiting a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Passionate commitment to CHC’s mission and core values supported by a servant’s heart.
Donor Engagement Intern
STATUS: INTERNSHIP – PREFERRED TWO DAYS A WEEK
REPORTS TO: DONOR ENGAGEMENT DIRECTOR
LOCATION: INTERNATIONAL HEADQUARTERS OFFICE | PALMER LAKE, CO
Intern to assist with donor engagement at Children’s HopeChest, a Christian nonprofit that releases the potential of vulnerable children and their communities around the globe through Community-to-Community partnership. The successful candidate will have interest in international development, orphan care, excellent research and writing skills, will be detail-oriented and organized, and will be highly relational with strong communication skills.
The ideal candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, must be highly organized, be able to manage multiple projects at one time, complete tasks in a timely manner, and must be very service-oriented. A minimum commitment of two days a week is preferred. This is an unpaid position. Internships are eligible for college credit.
- Work with Donor Relations team to create a donor appreciation plan
- Correspond with HopeChest sponsors, donors and potential donors via e-mail, telephone and mail to support fundraising initiatives and further HopeChest’s mission and vision
- Manage welcome packets for new, first time donors
- Write thank you notes and acknowledgment letters
- Research grant and foundation opportunities
- Research prospective institutional and individual funding sources
- Assist with monthly donation tracking, data analysis, and monthly donor prospect research
- Assist in donor prospect research using WealthEngine.
- Research and lapsed donors
- Update account information in the donor database
- Support Donor Director and VP of Marketing
- Research opportunities for local events or a young professionals program
- Must be a committed Christian with a deep commitment to the mission of Children’s HopeChest
- Self-motivated, proactive problem solver, with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external clients
Online Application Form