Welcome to Kebron

Learn More About Us

Learn More About Our Community

Welcome to our Community! Look around and learn more about who we are and what we do to help the beautiful children of our CarePoint!

Ethiopia

Ethiopia is a beautiful country in East Africa with a population of over 94 million. 30.7 % of population survives on less than $1.25 per day. Inadequate access to primary education, child labor, HIV, lack of sanitation and clean water, and chronic food insecurity continue to be major barriers to self-sustainability, health, and success for many Ethiopians.

There are 4.5 million orphans in Ethiopia. Children’s HopeChest (CHC) sponsors care for the orphaned and vulnerable children of Ethiopia by partnering with existing CarePoints throughout the country to provide support according to their needs. Sponsorship helps to provide spiritual discipleship, nutritional and educational support, basic medical care, and invaluable relationships with their sponsors and other local leaders.

Ethiopia Stats

• Number of orphans – 4.5 million
  • Population – 94.1 million
  • People of all ages living with HIV – 760,000
  • Population below international poverty line ($1.25 per day) – 30.7%
  • Child labor rate – 27.4%

Community Leaders

Kristin Roach

Sponsorship Coordinator

Kristin Roach

Sponsorship Coordinator

My husband and I have been blessed with five amazing children, three bio sons and two daughters that were adopted from Ethiopia. Life is definitely active and loud around our home! We traveled to bring our daughters home at Christmas time in 2009. Our lives were forever changed on that trip. Not only did we add our two beautiful daughters to our family but our eyes were truly opened to the dire need of so many children in Ethiopia.

After returning home, I knew I just had to do more. I couldn’t forget the sweet faces of the children I had seen. I partnered with Children’s HopeChest in 2010. I returned to Ethiopia in 2010 and 2012 to visit Kebron and other carepoints and plan to make trips annually. It is such a privilege and honor for me to advocate for the children at Kebron. I have personally seen the difference sponsorship makes in a child’s life. Not only are the physical needs of the children being met, but also their spiritual needs are met through weekly discipleship training. They are also being given an education, which will provide so many opportunities for them when they are older. The relationship the children have with their sponsors through letters, prayers and hopefully visits, helps them to experience God’s love in a tangible way. Please join me.

Juree Wilson

Partner Relationship Manager

Juree Wilson

Partner Relationship Manager

I am a native to Colorado, and have never lived in any other state. I love the mountains and hope to always live near them. I have a Master’s Degree in American History from the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. I have a passion to change the lives of the broken, forgotten, and rejected. My husband, David (who is a pastor), and I have longed to get our “hands dirty” for God’s Kingdom purposes. We have both been placed in strategic positions that allow us to fulfill our aspirations. When I am not in ministry, I am with family, building and strengthening relationships; or enjoying quiet time with coffee and a good book. I enjoy people and foremost enjoy connecting with those partnering with us to transform the lives of the vulnerable and orphaned.

Email: jwilson@hopechest.org

Phone: +1 (719) 884 - 4010

Tesfatsion Tsegaye

Country Director

Tesfatsion Tsegaye

Country Director

Formerly of Compassion International, ‘Tesfa’ now leads the HopeChest Ethiopia Team and the rapid growth our ministry has experienced there. Tesfa has earned his BA in business management and has recently completed his Masters in Business Administration. Tesfa says of himself, ‘I am a man who trusts God. I have a special place in my heart for children, and I believe that God created every child for His purpose.’
Write your child and make their day.Send the love

Photos