Run 4 Kids 5K Race Info & Course MapMarch 22, 2011
We hope that you are looking forward to a great event. We are sure the money we’ve raised will do great things to help support the kids of the Adama orphanage (currently over $13,000!). In addition to saying “Thank You,” I wanted to take this opportunity to pass along a few logistical items for Saturday:
- Parking – Please park in the Prison Fellowship Ministries lot, which is both the start and finish point of the race. Please make sure to enter the lot by using Riverside Parkway to Woodridge Parkway and make your first right into the parking area. We’ll have parking volunteers assisting. PLEASE NOTE: Woodridge will be closing completely by 8:15am, so if arriving after that please park at one of the nearby office buildings on Riverside Parkway. They are a short jog away from the start.
- Packet Pickup – Will be Friday evening 4-7pm at the Leesburg Potomac River Running Store (1601 Village Market Blvd. SE, Leesburg 20175; 888-460-9396). Please make sure to have your ID in order to get your packet. We will also have packet pick-up Saturday 7:30-8am at the race location.
- Registration – If you have any friends who still want to run, we will have Race-Day Registration on Saturday morning from 7:30-8:00 AM. Please make sure to bring a check or cash and an ID as well.
- Course Map – See attached.
- Spectating – The best places for family and friends to watch would be along Woodridge road, as that road will be closed during the event, and also in the grass along the westbound lane of Riverside between Janelia Parkway and Woodridge.
- Race Timing – We will be utilizing timing chips for the race, which need to be tied to your shoe laces. At the end of the race please make sure to return the chips in the appropriate bins.
- Post-Race Party – We will have food and beverages immediately following the race and the award ceremony will start 9:15am.
- Photographs – Photos will be taken throughout the race and will be available for viewing and purchase by going to www.backprint.com/kimmyersphoto after the event.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at all at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to a very successful event!
Beth Thomas, Race Coordinator