Children’s HopeChest is headquartered in beautiful Palmer Lake, outside of Colorado Springs, Colorado. Our physical space is a reflection of our culture: open, bright, and designed to support the work of our teams in the U.S. and across the globe.
You may apply for an open position:
– By emailing a resume and cover letter to HR@hopechest.org
– By mailing a resume and cover letter to:
PO Box 1190
Palmer Lake, CO 80133
– By submitting your resume and cover letter through
the form below
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.
Internships and Volunteer Opportunities
STATUS: INTERNSHIP – 10 HOURS MONTHLY
REPORTS TO: DONOR ADVISING TEAM
LOCATION: INTERNATIONAL HEADQUARTERS OFFICE | PALMER LAKE, CO (PREFERRED) REMOTE (OPTIONAL)
TIMEFRAME: SIX MONTHS
Are you seeking to gain experience in your field? Are you passionate about eliminating the cycle of poverty in some of the most vulnerable communities around the world?
The Grant Writing Intern position presents a meaningful opportunity to use your copywriting skills, while gaining hands-on experience in nonprofit grant-writing and researching. (This is an intern position. There will be no compensation or pay with this position.)
JOIN OUR MISSION:
Children’s HopeChest exists to glorify God by releasing the potential of orphaned and impoverished children and their communities. We do this through partnerships that cultivate sustainable two-way transformation.
Specifically, we engage communities in long-term partnerships that:
- Empower local leaders to provide food, medical care, and hope to their communities, while sharing the gospel.
- Address the complex causes of poverty, including material, spiritual, emotional, social, economic, and educational needs.
- Put systems in place to reduce, and eventually eliminate, poverty in all of its forms.
- Tend to children’s holistic needs for survival, community, education, and employment.
- Transform the lives of the partnering community members through exposure, education, relationship, service, and perhaps most importantly, instilling hope.
- Assist in researching potential grant and foundation opportunities
- Write compelling copy for LOI’s and grant applications
- Work with Marketing and Donor Relations Team to hit grant deadlines throughout the grant application process
- Flexible schedule
- A beaming recommendation letter for your next employer from our VP of Donor Advising and our Content and Copy Manager
- Recommendations and endorsements on your LinkedIn profile
- >Hands-on mentorship throughout the grant-writing process
- HopeChest swag item after completion of the internship!
- If you work from the HQ office – good, strong coffee and mountain views from The Barn in Palmer Lake
WHAT MAKES YOU A GOOD FIT FOR THIS POSITION:
- Four-year degree (or pursuing a degree) in English, Journalism, Communications, or similar area
- Experience writing and submitting grants (preferred)
- You have the ability to express ideas clearly, effectively, and persuasively
- You have strong research, analysis, and critical thinking skills
- You have the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team-based environment
- You are organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and professional
- If you are remote, you are capable of calling in for meetings using Skype or Ring Central or Google Hangouts
WHAT MAKES YOU A GOOD FIT FOR CHILDREN’S HOPECHEST:
- You have a passion for alleviating global poverty through holistic and sustainable community development
- You are a Christian with a deep commitment to the mission of Children’s HopeChest
REPORTS TO: Sponsorship Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: HEADQUARTERS:PALMER LAKE, CO
Are you interested in reading about children’s lives from all over the world? You can support Children’s HopeChest by volunteering to read through mail to, and from, our sponsors! You’r time as a volunteer plays an integral part in encouraging healthy relationships between sponsors and sponsored children, and helps our organization to get mail to sponsors/sponsored children as quickly as possible.
As a Sponsor Mail Volunteer, you will be reading mail to ensure there is no problematic content. For this position you will also be stuffing and labeling envelopes and operating a postage meter.
- Needs to be able to understand and follow directions easily
- Needs to be an independent worker
- Flexible schedule
- Any weekday except Thursdays
- Minimum of two hours a week (unless you have so much fun that you want to stay longer)
- Coffee (good local coffee!) and tea during your shift
- Bring a friend!
- Bring your headphones!
- Gain experience working in an international nonprofit environment
If you are interested in making a difference through helping us strengthen and encourage healthy relationships, please contact us at HR@hopechest.org.