Children’s HopeChest is headquartered in beautiful Palmer Lake, outside of Colorado Springs, Colorado. Our physical space is a reflection of our culture: open, bright, and designed to support the work of our teams in the U.S. and across the globe.
You may apply for an open position:
– By emailing a resume and cover letter to HR@hopechest.org
– By mailing a resume and cover letter to:
PO Box 1190
Palmer Lake, CO 80133
– By submitting your resume and cover letter through
the form below
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.
REPORTS TO: Supervisor – Community Partnerships
LOCATION: International Headquarters Office, Palmer Lake, CO.
The Community Partnership Manager (CPM) is the primary contact between selected U.S.-based community partners and international CarePoints. Primary responsibilities include day-to-day facilitation of relationships and development plan (DP) objectives between partnered communities. Key responsibilities include ongoing and regular interface with HopeChest in-country staff as the DP is executed for each assigned CarePoint; staying intimately aware of assigned CarePoint activities and DP progress; advancing the DP with the in-country staff and U.S.- partnered community; proactive brainstorming, coaching, training, problem solving and planning with partners and in-country staff; regular reporting, communication and coaching to the HopeChest Partnership Leaders (HPLs) and their community in efforts to maintain and increase sponsorship levels and advance the DP.
The ideal candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, project management skills and mindset, an outgoing and engaging personality, and must be very customer-focused. International experience is favorable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all facets of Community-to-Community relationship
- Develop and strengthen relationship between partners and CarePoints through regular communication
- Administer the HopeChest system/process of management of DPs at assigned CarePoints
- Responsible and accountable for advancing DP for assigned CarePoints
- Committed to professional development in the respective field of focus
- Meet regularly with supervisor
On the U.S. partner side:
- Brainstorm ideas with partners for increasing sponsorship levels
- Provide regular coaching and training for partners in areas related to sponsorship, fundraising, travel, and development
- Work to motivate and support partner fundraising
- Help guide and motivate sponsorship coordinators to consistently communicate with their community and individual sponsors
- Support onboarding new partners
- Manage and maintain partner endearment activities routinely
- Work with partners to ensure annual travel to CarePoint
- Work alongside the Travel Manager to help with planning of travel and agenda activities to insure DP progress and relationship building
- Travel and represent the ministry at launch and relaunch events
On the in-country staff/CarePoint side:
- Coordinate refinement of newly partnered CarePoint DP
- Collaborative management of CarePoint DP with in-country staff and US partners
- Effectively and regularly communicate with in-country staff
- Maintain intimate knowledge of CarePoint activities, progress, events, projects and progress toward DP goals
- As budgets allow, annual travel to assigned CarePoints to build relationship with the in-country staff; plan, update and adapt the CarePoint DP; brainstorm new ideas with in-country staff; and enhance cultural competency
- Minimum four-year college/university degree in related field
- One to two years customer service or international development experience
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Must be a committed Christian with a deep commitment to the mission of Children’s HopeChest
- Must have a strong sense of personal integrity and ability to take and process feedback
- Must be a self-starter who thinks proactively
- Self-motivated and proactive problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skills, including multicultural sensitivity
- Possess critical thinking skills and creative problem resolution skills
- Organized and has an ability to manage many details at one time
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with constituents and staff
- Ability to train and encourage customers
- Must possess a strong work ethic
- Must be customer-focused
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Internet/database literate
- International development education and/or experience
- International travel experience
- Understanding of Salesforce or similar CRM software
- Masters degree preferred
The position may require up to 10% travel per year for launches, events, partner development, and visiting assigned countries.
OFFICE CULTURE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a fun, creative, collaborative, and compassionate outlook
- Proactive approach to professional development/education
Internships and Volunteer Opportunities
STATUS: INTERNSHIP – 10 HOURS MONTHLY
REPORTS TO: DONOR ADVISING TEAM
LOCATION: INTERNATIONAL HEADQUARTERS OFFICE | PALMER LAKE, CO (PREFERRED) REMOTE (OPTIONAL)
TIMEFRAME: SIX MONTHS
Are you seeking to gain experience in your field? Are you passionate about eliminating the cycle of poverty in some of the most vulnerable communities around the world?
The Grant Writing Intern position presents a meaningful opportunity to use your copywriting skills, while gaining hands-on experience in nonprofit grant-writing and researching. (This is an intern position. There will be no compensation or pay with this position.)
JOIN OUR MISSION:
Children’s HopeChest exists to glorify God by releasing the potential of orphaned and impoverished children and their communities. We do this through partnerships that cultivate sustainable two-way transformation.
Specifically, we engage communities in long-term partnerships that:
- Empower local leaders to provide food, medical care, and hope to their communities, while sharing the gospel.
- Address the complex causes of poverty, including material, spiritual, emotional, social, economic, and educational needs.
- Put systems in place to reduce, and eventually eliminate, poverty in all of its forms.
- Tend to children’s holistic needs for survival, community, education, and employment.
- Transform the lives of the partnering community members through exposure, education, relationship, service, and perhaps most importantly, instilling hope.
- Assist in researching potential grant and foundation opportunities
- Write compelling copy for LOI’s and grant applications
- Work with Marketing and Donor Relations Team to hit grant deadlines throughout the grant application process
- Flexible schedule
- A beaming recommendation letter for your next employer from our VP of Donor Advising and our Content and Copy Manager
- Recommendations and endorsements on your LinkedIn profile
- >Hands-on mentorship throughout the grant-writing process
- HopeChest swag item after completion of the internship!
- If you work from the HQ office – good, strong coffee and mountain views from The Barn in Palmer Lake
WHAT MAKES YOU A GOOD FIT FOR THIS POSITION:
- Four-year degree (or pursuing a degree) in English, Journalism, Communications, or similar area
- Experience writing and submitting grants (preferred)
- You have the ability to express ideas clearly, effectively, and persuasively
- You have strong research, analysis, and critical thinking skills
- You have the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team-based environment
- You are organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and professional
- If you are remote, you are capable of calling in for meetings using Skype or Ring Central or Google Hangouts
WHAT MAKES YOU A GOOD FIT FOR CHILDREN’S HOPECHEST:
- You have a passion for alleviating global poverty through holistic and sustainable community development
- You are a Christian with a deep commitment to the mission of Children’s HopeChest
REPORTS TO: Sponsorship Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: HEADQUARTERS:PALMER LAKE, CO
Are you interested in reading about children’s lives from all over the world? You can support Children’s HopeChest by volunteering to read through mail to, and from, our sponsors! You’r time as a volunteer plays an integral part in encouraging healthy relationships between sponsors and sponsored children, and helps our organization to get mail to sponsors/sponsored children as quickly as possible.
As a Sponsor Mail Volunteer, you will be reading mail to ensure there is no problematic content. For this position you will also be stuffing and labeling envelopes and operating a postage meter.
- Needs to be able to understand and follow directions easily
- Needs to be an independent worker
- Flexible schedule
- Any weekday except Thursdays
- Minimum of two hours a week (unless you have so much fun that you want to stay longer)
- Coffee (good local coffee!) and tea during your shift
- Bring a friend!
- Bring your headphones!
- Gain experience working in an international nonprofit environment
If you are interested in making a difference through helping us strengthen and encourage healthy relationships, please contact us at HR@hopechest.org.