Children’s HopeChest is headquartered in beautiful Palmer Lake, outside of Colorado Springs, Colorado. Our physical space is a reflection of our culture: open, bright, and designed to support the work of our teams in the U.S. and across the globe.
You may apply for an open position:
- By emailing a resume and cover letter to HR@hopechest.org
- By mailing a resume and cover letter to:
PO Box 1190
Palmer Lake, CO 80133
- By submitting your resume and cover letter through our online system.
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.
Sponsor Mail Volunteer
REPORTS TO: Sponsorship Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: HEADQUARTERS: PALMER LAKE, CO
Are you interested in reading about children’s lives from all over the world? You can support Children’s HopeChest by volunteering to read through mail to, and from, our sponsors! Your time as a volunteer plays an integral part in encouraging healthy relationships between sponsors and sponsored children, and helps our organization to get mail to sponsors/sponsored children as quickly as possible.
As a Sponsor Mail Volunteer, you will be reading mail to ensure there is no problematic content. For this position you will also be stuffing and labeling envelopes and operating a postage meter.
- Needs to be able to understand and follow directions easily
- Needs to be an independent worker
- Flexible schedule
- Any weekday except Thursdays
- Minimum of two hours a week (unless you have so much fun that you want to stay longer)
- Coffee (good local coffee!) and tea during your shift
- Bring a friend!
- Bring your headphones!
- Gain experience working in an international nonprofit environmentIf you are interested in making a difference through helping us strengthen and encourage healthy relationships, please contact Meegan Dobson, Sponsorship Administrative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donor Engagement Intern
STATUS: INTERNSHIP – PREFERRED TWO DAYS A WEEK
REPORTS TO: DONOR ENGAGEMENT DIRECTOR
LOCATION: INTERNATIONAL HEADQUARTERS OFFICE | PALMER LAKE, CO
Intern to assist with donor engagement at Children’s HopeChest, a Christian nonprofit that releases the potential of vulnerable children and their communities around the globe through Community-to-Community partnership. The successful candidate will have interest in international development, orphan care, excellent research and writing skills, will be detail-oriented and organized, and will be highly relational with strong communication skills.
The ideal candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, must be highly organized, be able to manage multiple projects at one time, complete tasks in a timely manner, and must be very service-oriented. A minimum commitment of two days a week is preferred. This is an unpaid position. Internships are eligible for college credit.
- Work with Donor Relations team to create a donor appreciation plan
- Correspond with HopeChest sponsors, donors and potential donors via e-mail, telephone and mail to support fundraising initiatives and further HopeChest’s mission and vision
- Manage welcome packets for new, first time donors
- Write thank you notes and acknowledgment letters
- Research grant and foundation opportunities
- Research prospective institutional and individual funding sources
- Assist with monthly donation tracking, data analysis, and monthly donor prospect research
- Assist in donor prospect research using WealthEngine.
- Research and lapsed donors
- Update account information in the donor database
- Support Donor Director and VP of Marketing
- Research opportunities for local events or a young professionals program
- Must be a committed Christian with a deep commitment to the mission of Children’s HopeChest
- Self-motivated, proactive problem solver, with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external clients
STATUS: FULL TIME
REPORTS TO: VP OF MARKETING AND DONOR RELATIONS
LOCATION: INTERNATIONAL HEADQUARTERS OFFICE | PALMER LAKE, CO
The Marketing Manager oversees the creation, deployment, and reporting of all communications, both internally and with donors, churches and other key constituencies, as well as supporting external donor and ministry marketing and fundraising strategies. This includes, but is not limited to, communication pieces sent by mail or e-mail, overseeing digital marketing strategies and social media implementation, Website, blog, mobile apps, video and photography.
This position requires a unique mixture of creativity, strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and outside-the-box thinking. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, hands-on work approach, quick-decision maker, able to deliver with small budgets and tight time frames, and is comfortable working across all departments and with diverse audience groups. This position requires managing a broad spectrum of marketing activities including design and creative, messaging, branding, and digital marketing. The Marketing Manager is responsible for ensuring a consistent brand experience is delivered across all communication channels and platforms, as well as maintaining standards of excellence in donor engagement, solicitation, appreciation, and reporting.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement and manage HopeChest’s ongoing, comprehensive communication calendar in order to enhance HopeChest’s image, increase brand awareness and deepen engagement with current donors and sponsors as well as grow our audience.
- Manage the development and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral. (Brochures, reports, email communications)
- Create and implement an effective email communication strategy to tell HopeChest’s unique story, deepen the relationship between HopeChest, partners, and sponsors as well as develop engaging content for new audiences.
- Create innovative fundraising campaigns and communication schedule for fundraising appeals that increases donations and partnerships.
- Oversee content calendar and implementation of weekly HopeChest Insights posts
- Manage the Content + Reporting Manager
- Budgetary responsibility for Marketing budget including oversight of external vendor relationships with HopeChest Web programmers, copy writers, graphic designers, photographers, video production, and other vendors on partner-facing communication strategies. Be the liaison between HopeChest Marketing team and creative vendors.
- Ensure consistent articulation of HopeChest’s brand and market position across all communications, both internal and external.
- Assist in overseeing social media best practices to increase audience engagement
- Work closely with the Vice President of Marketing and Donor Relations in developing and executing donor development strategies and executing on a wide variety of donor campaigns.
- Develop and manage HopeChest’s content strategy, including internal, field, partner, and donor content needs. This includes all content channels (digital and other), content development and deployment strategies and tactics, and audience segmentation and messaging.
- Oversee the donor communication process including strategy, design, content creation, oversight of traffic process, mailing, and donor reporting (written and online)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred in business, marketing, communications or related field.
- Minimum 7+ years experience of marketing and communications, including fundraising marketing
- Minimum of 3 years experience leading and managing a team.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex content needs, writing, and digital marketing.
- Ability to articulate effectively, intelligently, credibly, and passionately tell the story of HopeChest, the nature of international orphan/vulnerable child care, poverty and human rights work, international community development and the biblical call to serve the orphan (James 1:27).
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing compelling, engaging marketing and donor communication pieces.
- Highly developed capacity to establish key metrics and accurately and objectively evaluate the effectiveness and outcomes of marketing and communication strategies, programs and activities, and to make appropriate adjustments.
- Experience and proven success with managing or directly implementing Peer-to-Peer fundraising campaigns.
- Understanding of web content management systems, digital asset management systems, and lead management & nurture systems and processes.
ESSENTIAL PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Mature Christian faith exhibiting a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Passionate commitment to CHC’s mission and core values supported by a servant’s heart.
- Self-starter, results oriented and tenacious.
- Professional demeanor in written and oral communication.
- Excellent presentation delivery skills.
- Creative and energetic problem solver.
- Comfortable in relating to a wide variety of people and personalities across multiple cultures.
- Intelligent listener and good interpersonal communicator.
- Works well under stress and deadline pressures.
- Disciplined with priorities and budget.
- Ability to take basic ideas from concept to reality.
- Experience working with international organizations.
STRONGLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with Classy, peer-to-peer fundraising platforms
- Experience traveling internationally for business and/or missions.
Online Application Form