Children’s HopeChest is headquartered in beautiful Palmer Lake, outside of Colorado Springs, Colorado. Our physical space is a reflection of our culture: open, bright, and designed to support the work of our teams in the U.S. and across the globe.
You may apply for an open position:
- By emailing a resume and cover letter to HR@hopechest.org
- By mailing a resume and cover letter to:
PO Box 1190
Palmer Lake, CO 80133
- By submitting your resume and cover letter through our online system.
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.
REPORTS TO: Sponsorship Systems Senior Manager
LOCATION: HEADQUARTERS: PALMER LAKE, CO
The Operations Specialist will be primarily focused on the accurate and timely management of the child sponsorship process and facilitating operations across different departments. Responsibilities include reporting on sponsorship changes and generating communication to sponsors, coordinating volunteers, optimizing technological solutions, preparing and uploading child data, overseeing child and sponsor correspondence process, answering phones and other projects.
The ideal candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, be comfortable learning new technologies, be highly organized, able to manage multiple projects at one time, complete tasks in a timely manner, and be customer focused.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Actively supports and facilitates sponsorship processes and communications
- Run weekly report on sponsorship changes (new, lost, total)
- Process child holds and transfer active recurring gifts
- Generate and mail out sponsorship materials
- Prepare print materials for launch events
- Create uploads for new child records and child record updates
- Oversee the processing of incoming and outgoing sponsorship mail
- Coordinate volunteers
- Prepare and upload communication tracking
- Create and Customize reports for segmentation and analysis of physical and digital marketing campaigns
Facilitating Operations across all Departments
- Work with all departments to increase communication on relevant projects
- Create systems that encourage proper data hygiene and integrity
- Optimize current solutions
- Technical Management of database migration for system-wide CRM upgrades
Proactively seeks out ways to support the IT and Finance teams with administrative help
- Answer incoming phones
- Call sponsors with expiring credit cards to update payment information
- Receive credit card updates and sponsorship cancellations and communicate to Finance for processing and process updates if needed.
- Monitor and order supplies needed for completion and mailing of updates, including ensuring that envelopes, letterhead, and other paper supplies are adequate
- Coordinate the dropping off and picking up of office mail
- Process returned mail
- Prepare checks and enter into system in the absence of the accounting manager
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or higher educational level
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Experience with databases
- Committed Christian with a deep commitment to the mission of Children’s HopeChest
- Strong sense of personal integrity and an ability to take and process feedback
- Self-motivated and possesses proactive problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well with a variety of people and departments
- Organized and an ability to manage many details at one time
- Project Management Experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic
- Detail-focused and Internet/database literate
The position will not include travel as a regular part of the job expectations.
Internships and Volunteer Opportunities
Sponsor Mail Volunteer
REPORTS TO: Sponsorship Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: HEADQUARTERS: PALMER LAKE, CO
Are you interested in reading about children’s lives from all over the world? You can support Children’s HopeChest by volunteering to read through mail to, and from, our sponsors! Your time as a volunteer plays an integral part in encouraging healthy relationships between sponsors and sponsored children, and helps our organization to get mail to sponsors/sponsored children as quickly as possible.
As a Sponsor Mail Volunteer, you will be reading mail to ensure there is no problematic content. For this position you will also be stuffing and labeling envelopes and operating a postage meter.
- Needs to be able to understand and follow directions easily
- Needs to be an independent worker
- Flexible schedule
- Any weekday except Thursdays
- Minimum of two hours a week (unless you have so much fun that you want to stay longer)
- Coffee (good local coffee!) and tea during your shift
- Bring a friend!
- Bring your headphones!
- Gain experience working in an international nonprofit environment
If you are interested in making a difference through helping us strengthen and encourage healthy relationships, please contact us at HR@hopechest.org.
Online Application Form