Children’s HopeChest is headquartered in beautiful Palmer Lake, outside of Colorado Springs, Colorado. Our physical space is a reflection of our culture: open, bright, and designed to support the work of our teams in the U.S. and across the globe.
You may apply for an open position:
- By emailing a resume and cover letter to HR@hopechest.org
- By mailing a resume and cover letter to:
PO Box 1190
Palmer Lake, CO 80133
- By submitting your resume and cover letter through our online system.
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.
LOCATION: Palmer Lake, CO
REPORTS TO: VP of Community Partnerships
DEPARTMENT: Community Partnership Team
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
The Travel Manager will plan and execute travel logistics for our U.S. church partners. Responsibilities will include working closely with the Community Partnership Manager, curch/community partners and in-country staff to serve the travel needs of our partners. The Travel Manager will play a leading role within the Travel Department, a subset of the Community Partnership Team.
The ideal candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills, be highly organized, be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, complete assignments in an efficient manner, and be partner/customer focused. The ability to articulate directions and provide details concerning itineraries and budgets in a confident and professional manner is key. The ideal candidate will thrive in a team-oriented office environment and demonstrate a “can do” attitude. Must be an educator to travelers and confident communicator via phone and email.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with in-country staff and team leaders to develop itineraries for Vision Trips and community partner visits
- Create budgets for each team based on variable such as number of travelers/days in country/activities
- Occasionally write travel blog posts for marketing
- Manage travel finances: budgets, wires, expense reconciliation, etc.
- Lead the Travel Department in communicating with all departments
- Work alongside Community Partnership Managers (CPMs) in planning travel with partners
- Review paperwork with travelers: applications, waivers, background checks, etc.
- Maintain data and finance integrity
- Register all travelers with U.S. State Department and secure traveler Insurance
- Semi-annual travel document and policy updates
- Provide travel guidance to employees such as visa and medical support
- Must be a committed Christian with a deep commitment to the mission of Children’s HopeChest
- Minimum bachelor’s degree and international travel experience
- Must have a strong sense of personal integrity and ability to receive and process feedback
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, as well as demonstrate proactive problem solving skills
- Organized team player with the proven ability to manage many details at one time
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with partners and staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and database management
- Strategic thinking with multiple forms and channels of input
- Must be detail-focused and Internet/database literate
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with clients and staff
- Ability to multi-task in a highly organized and efficient manner, meeting deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience utilizing CRM tools and data management
- Mission trip experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to embrace challenges, think in new directions, take risks, and learn from mistakes
- Bachelor studies in business, international relations, finance, travel/tourism, or communications
- Account management
OFFICE CULTURE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a fun, creative, collaborative, and compassionate outlook
- Have the ability to work off site for projects
- Comfortable in various roles: lead, follow, support, and encourage
- Enjoy regular interactions with peers and other department members
- Attend one conference per year for professional development
The position will not include travel as a regular part of the job expectations. Future travel to job-related countries is possible.
Internships and Volunteer Opportunities
Sponsor Mail Volunteer
REPORTS TO: Sponsorship Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: HEADQUARTERS: PALMER LAKE, CO
Are you interested in reading about children’s lives from all over the world? You can support Children’s HopeChest by volunteering to read through mail to, and from, our sponsors! Your time as a volunteer plays an integral part in encouraging healthy relationships between sponsors and sponsored children, and helps our organization to get mail to sponsors/sponsored children as quickly as possible.
As a Sponsor Mail Volunteer, you will be reading mail to ensure there is no problematic content. For this position you will also be stuffing and labeling envelopes and operating a postage meter.
- Needs to be able to understand and follow directions easily
- Needs to be an independent worker
- Flexible schedule
- Any weekday except Thursdays
- Minimum of two hours a week (unless you have so much fun that you want to stay longer)
- Coffee (good local coffee!) and tea during your shift
- Bring a friend!
- Bring your headphones!
- Gain experience working in an international nonprofit environment
If you are interested in making a difference through helping us strengthen and encourage healthy relationships, please contact us at HR@hopechest.org.
Online Application Form