Children’s HopeChest is headquartered in beautiful Palmer Lake, outside of Colorado Springs, Colorado. Our physical space is a reflection of our culture: open, bright, and designed to support the work of our teams in the U.S. and across the globe.
You may apply for an open position:
- By emailing a resume and cover letter to HR@hopechest.org
- By mailing a resume and cover letter to:
PO Box 1190
Palmer Lake, CO 80133
- By submitting your resume and cover letter through our online system.
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.
LOCATION: Palmer Lake, CO
REPORTS TO: Sponsorship Systems Senior Manager
JOB STATUS: Full-time
The Operations Specialist will be primarily focused on the accurate and timely management of the child sponsorship process and facilitating operations across different departments. Responsibilities include reporting on sponsorship changes and generating communication to sponsors, supporting the technological needs of the marketing department, coordinating volunteers, optimizing technological solutions, preparing and uploading child data, overseeing child and sponsor correspondence process, answering phones and other projects.
The ideal candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, be highly organized, able to manage multiple projects at one time, complete tasks in a timely manner, and be customer focused.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively supports and facilitates sponsorship processes and communications
- Run weekly report on sponsorship changes (new, lost, total)
- Process child holds and transfer active recurring gifts
- Generate and mail sponsorship materials
- Prepare print materials for launch events
- Create uploads for new child records and child record updates
- Oversee the processing of incoming and outgoing sponsorship mail
- Create and manage volunteer program
- Prepare and upload communication tracking
- Create and Customize reports for segmentation and analysis of physical and digital marketing campaigns
Facilitating Operations across all Departments
- Work with all departments to increase communication on relevant projects
- Create systems that encourage proper data hygiene and integrity
- Optimize current solutions
- Provide technical Management of database migration for system-wide CRM upgrades
- Manage completion of technology projects including cost tracking
Proactively seeks out ways to support the IT and Finance teams with administrative help
- Answer incoming phones
- Call sponsors with expiring credit cards to update payment information
- Receive and process credit card updates and sponsorship cancellations
- Monitor and order supplies needed for completion and mailing of updates. Ensure that envelopes, letterhead, and other paper supplies are adequate
- Manage office equipment such as postage meter, copier, and printers, including maintenance and supplies.
- Coordinate mail delivery and drop-off
- Process returned mail
- Other responsibilities as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or higher educational level
Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
Highly qualified in database management including ability to write and produce reports
- Committed Christian with a deep commitment to the mission of Children’s HopeChest
- Strong sense of personal integrity and an ability to take and process feedback
- Self-motivated and possesses proactive problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well with a variety of people and departments
- Organized and an ability to manage many details at one time
- Project Management Experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic
- Detail-focused and Internet/database literate
The position will not include travel as a regular part of the job expectations.
Sponsor Mail Volunteer
REPORTS TO: Sponsorship Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: HEADQUARTERS: PALMER LAKE, CO
Are you interested in reading about children’s lives from all over the world? You can support Children’s HopeChest by volunteering to read through mail to, and from, our sponsors! Your time as a volunteer plays an integral part in encouraging healthy relationships between sponsors and sponsored children, and helps our organization to get mail to sponsors/sponsored children as quickly as possible.
As a Sponsor Mail Volunteer, you will be reading mail to ensure there is no problematic content. For this position you will also be stuffing and labeling envelopes and operating a postage meter.
- Needs to be able to understand and follow directions easily
- Needs to be an independent worker
- Flexible schedule
- Any weekday except Thursdays
- Minimum of two hours a week (unless you have so much fun that you want to stay longer)
- Coffee (good local coffee!) and tea during your shift
- Bring a friend!
- Bring your headphones!
- Gain experience working in an international nonprofit environment
If you are interested in making a difference through helping us strengthen and encourage healthy relationships, please contact us at HR@hopechest.org.
Donor Engagement Intern
STATUS: INTERNSHIP – PREFERRED TWO DAYS A WEEK
REPORTS TO: DONOR ENGAGEMENT DIRECTOR
LOCATION: INTERNATIONAL HEADQUARTERS OFFICE | PALMER LAKE, CO
Intern to assist with donor engagement at Children’s HopeChest, a Christian nonprofit that releases the potential of vulnerable children and their communities around the globe through Community-to-Community partnership. The successful candidate will have interest in international development, orphan care, excellent research and writing skills, will be detail-oriented and organized, and will be highly relational with strong communication skills.
The ideal candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, must be highly organized, be able to manage multiple projects at one time, complete tasks in a timely manner, and must be very service-oriented. A minimum commitment of two days a week is preferred. This is an unpaid position. Internships are eligible for college credit.
- Work with Donor Relations team to create a donor appreciation plan
- Correspond with HopeChest sponsors, donors and potential donors via e-mail, telephone and mail to support fundraising initiatives and further HopeChest’s mission and vision
- Manage welcome packets for new, first time donors
- Write thank you notes and acknowledgment letters
- Research grant and foundation opportunities
- Research prospective institutional and individual funding sources
- Assist with monthly donation tracking, data analysis, and monthly donor prospect research
- Assist in donor prospect research using WealthEngine.
- Research and lapsed donors
- Update account information in the donor database
- Support Donor Director and VP of Marketing
- Research opportunities for local events or a young professionals program
- Must be a committed Christian with a deep commitment to the mission of Children’s HopeChest
- Self-motivated, proactive problem solver, with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external clients
Online Application Form